Report your stolen bike
- Call 101 to report a stolen bike
- In an emergency, always dial 999
At your local police station
- Search for your nearest MET police station: https://www.met.police.uk/contact/find-a-police-station/
- Search for your nearest City of London police station: https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/contact/find-a-police-station/ *Headquarters has no access to the public.
Reporting a stolen bike online
For non-emergency London crimes, you can report them online.
- Metropolitan Police Service (Greater London area – not City of London): https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/
- City of London police (“Square Mile” locations only): https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/
The police will provide you with a unique case reference number. Keep it safe and update the case if you have any further information. It’s very important to get this reference number quickly, especially if you have cycle insurance.
- UK Police: https://www.police.uk/information-and-advice/reporting-crime/
- British Transport Police: https://www.btp.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/
- MET on Twitter (MET Contact Centre, enquiries between 8am – 8pm): https://twitter.com/metcc
- London cycling community (after you’ve reported the crime to the police): https://www.twitter.com/StolenRide